Thursday, July 7, 2011

Liberty by Sweet Digi Scraps

I've always admired Liz of Sweet Digi Scraps.  About a year ago I was a guest on her Creative Team and loved every moment.  Unfortunately, it came at a very bad time in my life and I wasn't able to be nearly as creative for her as I longed to be.  Now, things have slowed down considerably and I've been given the opportunity to re-join her.  I've been really enjoying myself and doing my best to be active on her team.

Liz's latest kit, Liberty, is a fun patriotic kit that came just before Independence Day here in the USA.  I have a funny story of how my page came to be.  I had downloaded the kit, but didn't have any patriotic picture to scrap at all.  I'd spent a few days thinking on it and finally Independence Day rolled around.  It was hot!  My dogs were laying, panting, on the floor.  They looked so miserable.  I was thinking about how they were such hot little dogs.  Hot dogs?  Then the play on words came to me (which always amuses me).  So I thought it would be fun to combine the tradition of hot dogs on the 4th of July (Independence Day) with my very own hot dogs... and I had the perfect kit, paired with the perfect template by Roadside Designs.

Here are my 4th of July Hot Dogs:

Here's the kit, Liberty (available at Zig Zag Scraps):

And here's the template I used from the Crossroad Map Collection by Roadside Designs (available at 2 Little Pixels):


No comments:

Post a Comment