Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In Play by Meredith Cardall

I'm a HUGE soccer fan.  I love the Seattle Sounders.  Sadly, I never get to see them play as a result of not having cable tv and no money to actually go to a game.  But I still root for them, and always will.  When it comes to playing soccer... well, I don't do that.  I don't have kids, so obviously, no photos of kids playing soccer.  When Meredith came out with her soccer themed kit "In Play" I thought "oh no! I'm not going to be able to do anything with this kit"  And I mean to tell you, it is chock full of soccer elements.  Come to find out another gal on Meredith's team is in the same boat as me and she was able to make a stunning page with this soccer themed kit and not a single soccer element was used.  Well, I figured that if she could do it then so could I, especially since I love to take a themed kit and make a page completely unrelated to the theme- it shows the versatility of a kit, in my opinion.

So... I literally spent hours making this page.  I finally went to bed with the page unfinished and got up the next morning to put even more time into it.  I don't know how many times I deleted and moved things and in the end the page I ended up with was not even remotely close to the one I started with and eventually discarded. It was a challenge alright, but it was fun.

Here's my page:


And here's the kit:


And I also used a template by Little Green Frog Designs:



No comments:

Post a Comment